(image from Peter's Butter Ball)
Of all the candies that I've eaten, this has got to be my most memorable one. I'm not sure if this was the first candy that I've eaten, but I do recall buying this and the cola version when I was back in grade school.
This candy tasted more like caramel than butter. Being sweet-toothed, I was consuming this everyday back when I was a lot younger, until that fateful day...
When I saw her, I was walking towards her, still with my head looking down. I told her that I couldn't move my head because it hurts. I also told her about the candy. Of course, she was the one who panicked. We immediately went to the hospital. I guess by the time my mom came, the candy had already melted a bit. The doctor massaged my throat and had me move my neck really slowly in all directions until I can move it freely without pain. That was that, or so I thought.
A few days after, I was eating the same candy in school and accidentally swallowed it again! I went to the washroom so that I wouldn't cause alarm to anyone, and did what I remember the doctor did. So, finally, that was that. I didn't tell my mom about it anymore, but I stopped eating sphere-shaped candies for a while then. I think this also caused me to switch from candies to chocolates.
Years after the incident, I saw Peter's Butter Ball in the supermarket. It didn't look as enticing to me as before. I was telling A about the story and he was laughing and said that I'm weird. I was laughing with him as well looking back. The world has its way of telling me that I was consuming too much of Peter's Butter Ball haha